Thursday, February 10, 2011

Future Book Nerd

Harper and I ventured out into the frigid Indiana tundra yesterday.  We lunched with Grammie (Hi Mom!) and then headed to Joann Fabrics so I could, umm well, spend some money.  I have several craft projects in mind, along with several I have already started, which is why Wade told me he was taking Harper for a couple of hours (day and time of my choosing) for me to do whatever I want.  HA! Can you believe it?  I have decided to use my free-time to either A.) work on these projects or B.) go get my FAVORITE iced coffee drink and then peruse the local yarn and book store down the street from the coffee shop.  I can't make up my mind!


So, back to our day.  I dragged poor little Harper all over the fabric store looking for the perfect fabrics, yarns, felts, and a hot glue gun.  (And decided to take 3 classes they offer: knitting, sewing, and quilting).  From there we ventured to the library where Harper got her first library card! 


And checked out her first library books!

I think I was more excited about this than her, no?  She liked the games and yellow rocking kangaroo (that's been there since I was little, mind you.  Time for a renovation?  I think so).

I also signed Harper up for story time once a week and the Mother Goose reading group on Friday.  What can I say?  I was all about signing up for classes yesterday!



And finally we went to Kindermusik (which, I'm sorry to say, I don't have pictures of.  There's never an opportunity because we're constantly moving!).  Harper was thoroughly exhausted by then end of the evening and so was I!  I have to say that we had a very productive day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the "tundra" hahaha!! great library pictures :) i'm a book addict! wow, free time away from the kiddo? wow, that has NEVER happened to me!! oh enjoy enjoy enjoy!!

no wait it has happened...I take that back! last summer for my birthday, I had lunch and a pedi with my BFF. that was it! the ONE and ONLY and time!! my son is 17 months now.

maybe for my birthday this year I'll get to go to an actual movie :D LoL...

Courtney L said...

I will most definitely enjoy it! I actually get time away from Harper twice a week for three hours when I have night class, but that's not really me time, you know? Sounded like you had a lovely birthday last year! You should do a mani and a movie this year! That's like the ultimately birthday! We haven't been to a movie in like a year!