Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vacation Part One

Here's a recap of the first three days of our trip so far:

Friday (Day One): Packing and organizing.  Left home around 7, got on the road at 8.  I am proud to report that Harper was WONDERFUL.

Saturday (Day Two):  Car broke down around 4:00am about 45 minutes from Pennsylvania.  Slept in car until 7:30am when the auto parts store opened and Wade could get parts.  After the delivery men made three trip and we sitting in the Shell gas station parking lot for 8 hours and no improvement on the car, we finally decided to chalk it up as a loss.  We were able to move the car to a hotel nearby where we had decided to stay.  It was not the greatest room, but it was cheap, thankfully.  After ordering a pizza and showering, we were all asleep by 6:30pm.

Sunday (Day Three): I woke up at 7:30 feeling very refreshed to say the least (after 13 hours of sleep!)  Harper woke only twice to nurse during the night which was  fabulous.  We were packing up our things when the electricity went out.  I was just glad we were leaving!  We took the hotel shuttle to the rental car place (my first time renting a car by the way!) and after stopping for breakfast we were on the road again!  As I type this we are in New York, about 4 or 5 hours away from our destination.

I have been taking pictures...of Harper no doubt.  I didn't take pictures of the broken down car (I can when we go back to pick it up) and there really aren't any of Wade and I (yet).  I wanted to take pictures of the state signs, but we're going to fast for my camera to take a clear picture.  So, for your viewing pleasure, here are some (more!) pictures of the lovely miss Harper.  *NOTE* Harper is in her carseat without her straps on in a few of these.  This is when we were sitting in the parking lot waiting for help.  I would NEVER have her in a moving vehicle without being strapped in.  That is all.  Thank you.

1 comment:

jill said...

how in the world did i miss these vacation posts! after all that worrying about harper you had to end up with car trouble and a perfect baby! oh, life! it seems like you made the best of it though and these pictures are all so so cute!