Thursday, June 3, 2010

For the Parents: Just A Reminder...

Wade works quite a few nights. I try to be awake when he gets home so we can spend quality time as a family. This gives him time to unwind, relax, and sometimes unload. Last night the three of us spent the night like we normally do: me holding Harper while he fixes something to eat, him playing with her while I get things ready for bed. Well, last night, she was getting a wee bit fussy so I tried nursing her. She acted disinterested so I told Wade she needed her diaper changed, handed her off to him, and he went upstairs. I started to upload some pictures from my camera when I heard her SCREAMING. It seriously sounded like someone was hurting her. I gave him a few minutes (seconds?) before I went up to see what was wrong. He was calmer than I thought he'd be, but she was just laying there crying and crying and crying. All the while I'm resisting the temptation to just PICK MY BABY UP cause he's the dad, you know. But finally he finishes with her, I take her back downstairs and try nursing her again. And guess what? That's all she wanted. The moral of this story: DON'T TAKE THE BOOB AWAY.


::You'd never know it to look at her, but this sweet little girl has got some LUNGS::

No comments: