Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Artsy education

I've been trying to do some research into Waldorf and Montessori education at the preschool level.  I've been trying to implement some of their styles of learning and teaching into our everyday.  I'm also trying to do this with as much homemade materials as I possibly can.  




As you can probably tell from earlier posts, I get a lot of my inspiration from Pinterest.  There are also a few blogs by fellow mothers that I find inspirational; some put my efforts to shame!  But I still try.  And I'm still learning.  I don't necessarily follow the rules exactly, but I use them more as guidelines at this stage in Harper's development.  


I'd love to eventually homeschool our child(ren), though it will take a bit more persuading to get Wade on board.  I realize that there will be challenges ahead and maybe the best thing for our family would be public or private education, but for now I'm going to continue doing my research and doing the best that I can with Harper while we're still home together.

No comments: