Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Storms and generators and no A/C...Oh my!

This poor little blog has been neglected for the better part of a week.  Late last Wednesday a storm whipped through here at near tornado speed.  Two trees landed on our house causing holes in our roof, gutters and siding to be ripped off, our deck railing is damaged, our porch furniture was smashed, and the riding lawn mower was split in half.  We lost 3 trees, parts of our fence were blown off, and we've been without electricity ever since.  It wouldn't be quite so bad if it wasn't over 90 degrees both indoors and out.  We have been running off of a generator, but it's too weak to run the A/C unfortunately.  We've been trying to work with an electrician, the insurance company, and an insurance claims adjustor to get things back in order.  It's not been easy to say the least.  I've called more people, left more messages, and talked to more rude people in about 3 days than I have ever in my life.  It's an uphill battle, but I'm hoping to get things under control as soon as we can!  I have lots of pictures to upload as soon as I can find my camera cord.  So once again, I apologize for the lack of updates.  There's just a tremendous amount of things to do between getting people out here to look at the damage and cleaning up the damage that by the time I get a chance to sit down I'm ready for bed!  I know this could all be so much worse and I'm thankful that this is all we have to endure!  Bear with me and check back for updates/pictures in the near future!

No comments: