Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Book Challenge: Day 11

Things are going well for me with the book challenge, though I must admit that finding time to read is more difficult than I thought.  There's always house work and yard work that needs done, food to be cooked, and a certain baby girl that needs my attention.  I snatch a few minuets here and there when I can.  Also, I've got a couple of knitting projects in the works and those take up my time when I'm free.  I'm on to my second book now.  I've chosen The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini.  Can't wait!  Northanger Abbey was good and I was impressed with its Gothic-ness, something I didn't expect from Austen.  It was a nice book to start off with that's for sure!  Short and sweet...always a good motivator.

I've had several people express interest in this book challenge, which is so awesome!  A couple of things I should clarify if you're interested in joining:
- You can start the challenge at any time!  I am ending my challenge on August 1st, but feel free to set your own challenge dates!
- You do not have to read the same book that I am.  In fact, pick something different, tell me how you like it in the comments, and you'll be giving me and everyone else ideas on what to read!
- If you have your own blog where you are keeping track of what you're reading, post your link in the comments so we can follow you!

Most of all, have fun and good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading Michael Connelly books right now. I have read a few in the past but found I had the Lincoln Lawyer and I started and finished that while in California and now I have read 3 more. I am really enjoying his books!!!

Courtney L said...

I guess you like his books! What kind of books are they?