Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Around Here

It's been busier than usual around here.  I'm taking two graduate school classes this semester; first time taking classes again in a year and my first time back on campus in at least two.  Since I'm majoring in English, with a specialization in literature, there is a lot of reading.  Take for example that I have to read Ulysses.  All of it.  And that's just one book I'm required to read this semester.  Along with 15 pages of poetry for my workshop class.  Did I mention I haven't written poetry in well over two years?  I used to write poetry when I was feeling down or out of sorts.  Now I'm happier than I've ever been in my entire life.  I've never written happy poetry before and I think it's going to be difficult for me to switch gears.  Is there really anyone else that's going to read 15 pages of poetry about how much I love my daughter, how much she's bettered my life, or how I love breastfeeding?  Yea, I think I'm the only one.
Harper has also been hard at work.  Her two front bottom teeth have come in.  She had a rough couple of days trying to get them to come through, plus about a week of acting like she was getting the flu.  It was really quite sad.  I've been trying to get pictures of her little white teeth, but I've not been successful yet.
Wade is also taking classes so we miss each other a lot.  He has class every night but Tuesdays.  And Tuesdays is my poetry workshop.  Bummer.  But we just have to keep remembering that it'll all be worth it in the end. 
Therefore, it's been much more difficult to update this blog.  I'll try to update as often and as much as I can.  I want Harper to have these memories recorded.  I hope that all the pictures I take will help with that.

No comments: