Friday, April 29, 2011

100 Days of Reading Book Challenge

Since I had to read A LOT for my classes this semester you would think the last thing I would want to do over the summer break is read, right?  Call me a masochist, but I'm ready to read more!  The books were class were, well, books for class.  I had no say-so in what was picked and a majority of the books were really of no interest to me.  I've been trying to do pleasurable reading all semester whenever I have time, but what little time I had between caring for a baby, course work, keeping up on the house, mountainous piles of laundry, etc etc the time I could devote to reading wasn't much.  Which has lead me to create a challenge.  Starting May 1 and ending August 1, which is 100 days, I am going to devote at least one hour everyday to reading a book.  This excludes magazines, newspapers, online reading of blogs and the like, and all books that I read to Harper.  I will post on here each book I begin reading and my reactions to it.  One other condition I have is: once a book is began I can't stop reading it no matter how bad/difficult/weird it is.  Every challenge has to have its obstacles, right?  I know there aren't many people that read this blog, but if there is anyone that wants to join this challenge, let me know in the comments!  If you do decide to join the challenge and have a blog, you are more than welcome to link back to this site to let more people know about it!  I'm all about getting people to read!  Or if you have a suggestion for a book that I should read, please tell me!  I'm horrible with keeping up with titles.  Since May 1 is on Sunday and I usually don't post on the weekend I will use today to say that I'm going to start reading Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen.  I am a self-proclaimed Austen fan, yet I have read Sense and Sensibility when I was a teenager and I'm not even sure that I finished it.  *blush*  But anyway, now that I have declared this challenge and my first book, I am not backing down!  Here's to a fun and exciting challenge!

No comments: