Monday, November 8, 2010

We have crawling!

Yes, as of last week Harper fully entered the crawling world.  (Didn't I just give birth to her, like, yesterday?!?)  Of course, in true Harper fashion, crawling just isn't enough.  She wants to climb! and walk! and run!  But first she must find balance.  Until then she will continue to stick out her tummy or bottom while we walk her around (so flippin' cute, by the way).  Of course, this means that my otherwise clean house must stay SPOTLESS because, let's face it, mobile children EAT EVERYTHING THEY FIND.  There can be blocks and books and other toys strewn about, but she goes for the microscopic piece of lint that the vacuum didn't pick up.  Because, apparently, that is so much more interesting and tasty than a book.  Yesterday I rearranged the upstairs living room furniture so I could see her while she plays on the rug.  Next up, putting in a new stair railing so my heart doesn't explode when she gets within 12 feet of the stairs.  Who said parenting was easy?



Don't mind the hair on the floor.  I promise I'm clean.  We just have two hairy dogs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was shocked to learn all the things my son found crawling around. And terrified! We had new carpet installed and my son found and tried to put into his mouth, a drywall screw, a bolt, a nail. we found several needles sticking out of our carpet months later. Apparently the vacuum brought them to the surface! Needless to say, I spent a good 45 minutes on my hands and knees one night running my hand across our entire living/dining room. Things could have gotten very scary. We've had utility workers and such come thru our place, too. I'm thinking that's where the screws/bolts came from. I need to install a metal detector! haha!

Courtney L said...

Oh my! Hopefully all of your hard work paid off and he didn't try to eat any other potentially hazardous materials!