Wednesday, August 12, 2009

6 Weeks...

6 Weeks Pregnant

I believe my morning sickness is starting. For about the first 5 hours of my day I feel on the brink of getting very sick. Actually, it's kind of like being hungover, honestly! Yesterday was the worst. I couldn't eat anything and was in bed by 8.45 clutching my pillow and willing myself not to throw up. I just want to lay down all the time. I'm sitting at work now and I can feel myself getting sick. I am fairly certain my prenatals are aggravating my sickness, too, even though I take them at night. I eat crackers before I even get out of bed and then I go eat some breakfast (as much as I can). I was so hoping I wouldn't get sick like my mom did, but I don't think I'll be that lucky!

There's nothing much other than that right now. I wake up feeling sick, go to work and feel sick pretty much all day, come home and go to bed soon after I walk through the door. If I've got 7 more weeks of this, I might lose my mind :( The one positive is at least I know the baby is growing. And I will be able to use this as blackmail when the kid gets older.

Your Baby
This week starts a period of rapid cellular development for your baby-to-be, who looks like a mini tadpole, with a tiny head and tail. His or her eyes, ears and mouth have begun to form (though they're a little more Discovery Channel "creatures of the sea" documentary than Gerber Baby at this point).

Other exciting milestones include:

Your baby's heart is now beating to a regular beat, although it's still too faint to hear.

His or her arm buds are just beginning to, well, bud. They look like teensy swollen bumps at this point. In a few days, they'll resemble itsy-bitsy flippers.

Your baby has grown to ⅛ inch long—about the size of one of the chocolate sprinkles on your last cupcake (and your last ice cream cone, and your last sundae and your last giant cookie ... maybe there is something to those rumors about pregnancy cravings!).

No comments: